A representative will be available for interviews
at ICIS in Las Vegas.
Please contact Bret Swan (cell 808.295.1223) to
schedule an appointment.
|Position Title: ||Information Systems Department Faculty Member
|Department:||BYU Hawaii School of Computing
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled
Anticipated Start Date: June or August 2006
- PhD in Information Systems or related field. ABD candidates will
also be considered. Preference given to degree from universities with
ABET/AACSB accredited programs.
- Competency to teach in several IS subject areas. (IS-related
certifications are considered a plus (e.g. CCNA, RHCT, etc.)).
- Demonstrated ability to teach. Preference given for demonstrated
excellence in teaching, for teaching IS courses, and for teaching IS
courses aligned with the IS 2002 or related curriculum guidelines.
- Familiarity with IS 2002 curriculum model
- Ability to perform publication-quality research. Preference
given for actual publication in IS-related journals and conferences.
- Develop and teach a range of IS courses, possibly including
upper-division Database, E-Business, and Capstone-related courses at
the undergraduate level.
- Manage students, with diverse international backgrounds, in
application of their knowledge, skills, and abilities to IS projects
for real-world organizations.
- Play an active role in defining and advancing the IS
- Conduct research in the teaching and application of IS that leads
- Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Ten-month contract (Fall and Winter semesters as well as a Spring
or Summer term), continuing faculty status-track and renewable
- Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time
- Limited relocation expense packages are provided.
- Send an application package containing:
- A letter of application written specifically for this position.
- An official BYUH application form. (May be printed from our
- Employment confidential report form. (May be printed from our
- Current vita or resume identifying areas of training and
expertise and employment history.
- Contact information for three references that can substantiate
your qualifications for this position. Reference information must
include names, addresses, telephone numbers, email, and positions of
individuals that may be contacted for a recommendation.
- Official transcript from the institution where last degree was
- Proposed Timetable:
- Review of Applications begin November 1, 2005
- Applicants contacted for a telephone interview during November
and December 2005
- Preliminary clearance and on campus visit for selected applicants
anticipated for mid-January 2006
- Position will remain open until filled.
| ||Bret Swan
|Chair of Faculty Search Committee
|Information Systems Department.
|BYU-Hawaii School of Computing
|55-220 Kulanui St.
|Laie, HI 96762
Please Note: A representative will be available for
interviews at ICIS in Las Vegas. Please contact Bret Swan to schedule