Laie Driving Directions
Here are some directions to get you from the airport to Laie.
- Take a left out of the airport onto H-1.
- Drive toward the stadium (past Pearl Harbor and the Arizona).
- Take the H-3 exit and head toward Kaneohe.
- When you get to the first off-ramp after the mile-long tunnel
through the mountain, take it. That drops you onto the Likelike Hwy.
(Likelike is usually pronounced leeky-leeky, but is more properly
- Stay in your lane and you will merge on to Likelike and then
right back off at the next off-ramp.
- This points you northwest, directly toward Laie. It is a very
scenic drive of about 35 minutes along the edge of the ocean, on the
- The towns are numbered sequentially. Laie is 55. Kaneohe is about
40. You will see the town number as part of the address on houses
that you pass. An address like 42-375 would be in town 42, for
- When you get into Laie, you will pass several things on your
left. (The ocean and some houses are on your right.) First you will
pass the PCC. Next you will pass a McDonalds and a gas station. Next
you will pass Laie Inn. Next there is a fenced grassy area. Next
there is a street, Naniloa Loop. Turn left onto it.
- Naniloa Loop leads right past the front of BYU Hawaii. Turn left
at the main entrance (Kulanui Street). This will point you directly
into the heart of campus, which is the McKay building, and in front of
it the Little Circle with its flags of the nations attending BYUH.
- Here is an interactive map of BYU
Hawaii. You can click on parts of the map to go directly to
pictures and description of that part of campus. It is part of the
larger Walking Tour of BYUH
- Right before the Little Circle, turn right onto the Big Circle.
The library will be on your left. You will pass a chapel on your
right, then some satellite dishes on your left, then a ceramics
building on your right, and next the GCB building, where the School of
Computing is housed. Continue driving a little farther to Security.
Stop there and get a parking pass good for the duration of your stay
on campus. Then park wherever you want.